First Dates can be awkward and scary, but there are things you can do to make it easier and more enjoyable for both people regardless of if there's the original chemistry. Here are some unique date ideas that are creative and will help you score some major points!
1) Nowadays, ladies can make the first move and either ask the guy out or at the very least, make it easy for him to ask you out. Ask him out. This isn't the 50's anymore. Nowadays, if a woman wants something she goes after it. You may be thinking, "Well shouldn't the guy pursue the gal." Sure, but sometimes he needs to see who you are and what you have to offer before he will and you need to show him that at least initially. Part of attraction is feeling that push and pull when you're beginning to know someone. If you make the initial move and ask him to coffee, this seems harmless and it's not even very direct. You're not asking him out on a date, just coffee and a chat. Tell him he seems interesting and you want to pick his brain a bit. Just make sure you have some interesting conversation topics to touch on.
Think about back in the day when the lady used to drop her handkerchief and the gentleman would go and pick it up for her and hand it to her (or remember in Clueless wen she knocked her pen on the floor). This was her way of opening the door so he could easily approach her and then pursue her. You just need to find a way to "drop a handkerchief" so to speak.
2) Stay away from the same old same old. Do an activity date that's totally different - Try bumper cars, an archery or shooting range (most provide equipment), roller derby, etc. A little competition is healthy and fun. Just don't shoot yourself in the foot (literally or figuratively;)
These out of the norm exciting activities are enough fun to surely get you a 2nd date or at least make sure your date remembers you. This way you're not just sitting across the table feeling like you are in an interview. It can be very memorable and more interesting.
3) Play Truth or Dare - Reveal things about yourself and share more which will enable you two to connect. Dare each other to try something new. That'll make the date more exciting and memorable.
Who didn't love this game as a kid? Why not play it now when you're trying to get to know each other. This can be a lot of fun, which can make you seem more interesting and fun. Also, it helps people to open up and connect more. The more you share about yourself personally, the more you'll feel connected to the other person. This is where the chemistry stems from and sparks can start to fly.
I know a couple who is now married who ended up at a Strip club on their first date on a dare, because he had never been to one.
4) Surprise them - Do something spontaneous or surprise them with a date idea that's out of the norm. Maybe it's going for a helicopter flight or horse back riding and apple picking. Surprises can be fun and exciting which will make you seem fun and exciting. By taking the initiative to surprise the other person you are adding value to the date and to them. You're not just a boring person who just shows up and expects to be entertained.
Maybe you surprise them by revealing something interesting about yourself. That same couple who went to the strip club also ended up going to her place so she could show him what she had parked in her garage... motorcycles. She was an avid rider and only told him by actually showing him physically, which definitely made an impression.
5) Prepare and Share - Don't just show up and expect to be entertained.Read up on what is going on in the world (not just celebrity gossip). Ask questions and share more about yourself. People approach dating so passively most of the time. They just figure they'll learn as they go and the other person should just like them the way they are, which on a first date when you're nervous and out of your element, can come across as awkward and boring. Think about the people you most enjoy being around. They're probably adding value to your life in one way or another. You can increase your own personal stock value by bringing something interesting to the conversation. Have some good questions and great stories to share. Open ended questions are great such as "What do you think of..." This shows that you're an interesting person and interested in what they have to say.
Also, share things about yourself. Don't make it difficult for people to get to know you by holding your cards close. People are attracted to others who have passions, goals, and ideas and you come off as more authentic and genuine when you're willing to open up and say who you are.
What other tips and ideas do you have? Share them with us in the comments below!