Video communication has become a must-have tool to stay connected in today’s society. Now more than ever, we are using FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, etc. to see each other in real-time. So how do you prepare to look your very best? Here are a few tips and tricks for creating the perfect setting during your next video date. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for a great video date.
- Lighting. During the day, set up near a window for the best natural lighting. This is the best for skin tone and complexion. At night, I recommend a ring light that you can get from any online store i.e. Amazon, eBay, etc. Choose the blue setting for the best natural tone.
- Posture. Make sure you are facing the camera full on and sitting straight for a confident posture and composure.
- Positioning. Make sure the camera is eye level and neither higher or lower than your eyes. This will help you avoid unflattering shadows and angles.
- Mood. Set the mood with a nice glass of wine, soft music, and a scented candle. This will surely put you and your date at ease.
- Impression. Don’t forget to dress the part. Show up looking your best. Guys, wear a collared button-down shirt. Ladies, wear a dress or soft feminine blouse. Go the extra mile to look and feel your absolute best.